HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

post Reviews

Go down 
AuthorMessage
christiana

Male Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: post Reviews   Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:30 pm

post reviews here
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://insertnamehere.co.nr
christiana

Male Number of posts : 390

PostSubject: Re: post Reviews   Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:34 pm

Here are some from my review blog

MAD magazine review

Mad mag. Probably one of the most popula and longest lasting of all young adult magazines(over 400 issues), but is it really as great as it’s made out to be, or is it, like neighbors or big brother, an over popular load of crap? Let’s find out…

I am, and have beena MAD reader for about two years now, and that doesn’t include when I was younger and owned a few MAD books and collections, so seeing as I read them, magazine = good? Well,sort of. The big problem with the magazine today is that it’s starting to get old. Sure, a lot of the material is still able to spread a smal smil across my face, or makeme utter a sight giggle, and very occasionally, laugh, laugh properly. I can understand that the writers and artists are running out of ideas, the magzine has been going for over 10 years! Comeon, anyone would start findig it harder and harder to come up with gags for a comical magazine.

In my opinion, as ronic as this sounds, the best parts of the magazneare the old ones.That’s right, the things that were made by the classic creators, some that aren’t even alive anymore. People like Al Jaffe, Antonio Prophilas, Sergio Argones, Don Martn and Dave Berg. Comeon, how can you not love those back page fold-ins, or Spy vs. Spy?! With that in mind, Sp vs Spy was probably one of the most successful of all MAD material. It had hundreds of strips…

numerous books…

Toys, tradng cards, a few video games…

They were even featured in a few ads for Mountain Dew…

Hell, this has become more of a Spy v Spy talk than a MAD mag review!

Really, MAD repeats a lot of similar jokes and it just seems to constantly have similar concepts, you just start to get bored of it.

Then there’s the problem with the subscriptions, well at least with Australian MAD. MAD mag also, along side regualr MAD, release MAD classics. You can probably gues what a ‘Classic’ issue is. Old stuff. yes, and I get the Mad classics because I like the old stuff, but it depends on how you class ‘old stufff’ too. What the people over at MAD mag think is stuff that wasn’t in the current issue. And admitedly, on the ads for MAD classics, they do say that it’s collection of ‘new things and old things’ but the thing that realy annoys me is that one issue of classics, contains material from a few months ago! So me subscribing at taht time, would get the same stuff repeated! That pisses me off.

So, anyway, MAD mag is still a pretty good magazine, probably more so in America than Australia(as Australia has slightly differet issues, and have 8 regular issuesa year and 5 classics whereas America has 12 regular), and it is probablyone of the best comic/comedy magazines around.

peace out!

wii fit review

Wii fit, the game primarily made to make losing weight and getting ‘fit’ fun. But does this revolutionary game do what it was made to do? Not really, but that doesn’t mean that it still isn’t good.

If you really want to lose some weight, go to the gym, or make a comitment to actually work out! Although the game itself can’t make you lose weight, it still may inspire you to work out properly, and can still make you work up a sweat. Why, I even found myself tired at the end of some of the arobic exercises, and I don’t usually get tired with things like that.

The game is divided into four main catagories of exersise

Yoga positions
Muscle workouts
Arobic exersises
Balance games
In my opinion, the balance games are the best, not to give you a mini work out or make you tired, but more fun. Definately more fun. At first, before you unlock anything, you have the soccer headings, skieing, ski jump, and that one where you roll the ball through the hole. Most of them are pretty fun, skieing is a good game, probably simulating actual skieing the best that a video game can do.

Anyway, enough of my jabber about my favourites, lets see how each game is. Overall, the balance are really pretty fun, the arobic games are kinda cool too, and the muscle and yoga? less fun but still worh the time. Basically, you need to stand on the wii balance board, in a certain position or do a certain workout, such as do a push up or balance on one leg.

The biggest down fall of wii fit is lack of multiplayer options. But when I say that, I mean that there’s really nothing! And the fact they two people can’t play co-op or vs each otehr similtaneously isn’t a big deal. What if you take turns? That’d be fun! But sadly, nooo. Nothing like that. If you want to do something that’s remotely similar to multiplayer, you’ll need to switch users.

Why not just play in the one account and switch, whilst still in that account? nope, sorry. When you start up an account, because it tests your weight and BMI(body-mass-index) all games are made for that user. If I was to use a really heavy persons account, to make a turn in skieing, I’d have to put so much weigth to that side that I’d pretty much be falling off. And some games don’t respond at all, because my weight is so much different.

Also, one other thing that urks me a little, is when you first start out, how long the coputer ‘talks’ to you. It rambles on and on about the best ways to do it and about active lifestyles, when you really just want to get started!

Overall, wii fit is a pretty fun game, and in my opinion worth the money. It probably won’t help you lose weight, but can make you feel good about yourself or encourage you to work out more, and is great for a bit of fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://insertnamehere.co.nr
Brittney
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 623

PostSubject: Re: post Reviews   Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:29 pm

I think they need some fresh new writers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://freewebs.com/peppermintdemise
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: post Reviews   

Back to top Go down

post Reviews
Page 1 of 1