HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

At The Heart Of The Storm

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Raven-The-Fox
Noob
Noob

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: At The Heart Of The Storm   Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:25 pm

This is a fiction I wrote and posted on DeviantArt. I Hope You enjoy it.

Chapter 1

The rain fell with a strong intensity as Flaky ran, his foot splashing into a puddle he stepped in. The rain had drenched him from head to toe.

Flaky: *thinking* I hope I can find shelter before I get hypothermia. Huh?

In the distance he saw a house, it looked old and decrepited but livable. Flaky ran toward it without a second thought, as he got closer a bolt of thunder struck startling him greatly. He reached the house, dripping wet, shivering heavily and breathing hard.

Flaky: God I hate the ran.

Leaning against the stand holding the overhang up, he pondered on how he was going to get home.

Flaky: *thinking* Well it's raining and I don't want to get sick. But I don't want to stay here, because it's creepy as hell and I don't want Petunia to worry too much about me.

As he was making his decision the crash of thunder scared him, he bolted to the door, open it and enter the house without a second though. Leaning against the door and panting heavily, he looked around the interior of the place, noting he was in a hallway. He walked down it looking at the various pots and paintings in there.

Flaky: *thinking* Whoever lived here had good taste.

Flaky continued to head down till he arrived at a threshold that led to the living quarters. He looked in there expecting to see someone.

Flaky: H-h-h-hello? Is anyone here?

He looked around the room, then entered. The crackling fire was inviting for him and gave off a warm glow.

Flaky: *smiles* At least there is a fire here so I don't have to freeze to death.

He approached the fireplace and sat a little ways from it, holding his hands near it.

Flaky: Ahhh that's better.

Flaky sit there in silence for a few minutes until he reached into his bag and pulled out a purple and gray scarf. He wrapped it around his neck.

Flaky: *thinking* Thanks Petunia for making this. *smiles* I still can remember when she made this for me.

*flashback*

The rain fell hard outside, Flaky glanced out of the window at the storm clouds with a look of fear on his face.

Flaky: *thinking* Ohhhhhh I hope it stops raining soon and there isn't any thunderstorms. *begins to sweat*

???: Flaky? Are you alright?

Flaky turns around to see his girlfriend Petunia standing near him, she had a light smile on her face and seem to be holding something behind her back.

Flaky: I'm alright Petunia, no need to worry.

Petunia: *smiles* Well at least your okay.

Flaky looks at Petunia with a smile and begins to walk toward her, he then notices that she is hiding something behind her back.

Flaky: Whats that your holding? *points behind Petunia's back*

Petunia: *blushing* I don't know what your talking about. *takes a step back*

Flaky: Petunia just tell me what's in the box.

Petunia: Well Flaky I have a couple of secrets and what's in this box is one of them. But you have to close your eyes for the first one. *smiles and blushes*

Flaky: Okay Petunia but only because you asked me to. *shuts his eyes*

Petunia: *thinking* I know he'll be surprised by both secrets.

She leaned towards Flaky and kissed him on the lips. Flaky opened his eyes when he felt Petunia's lips on his and was frozen in shock. He never knew that Petunia liked him in that matter. She broke the kiss to see that Flaky's eyes where open, causing her to blush.

Flaky: ........Wow! Petunia I didn't know you liked me that way.

Petunia: Well I do and for the second secret.

She took the box from behind her and handed it to him.

Flaky: *takes the box* What's in this?

Petunia: Open it and you'll see. *smiles*

Flaky opens the box and is surprised at what he sees, inside it is a scarf. It was a striped scarf with the colors interchanging between purple and gray. Flaky smiles and looks at Petunia.

Flaky: Thanks Petunia, I don't know what to say.

Petunia: I made that for you Flaky, I hope you like it. *smiles*

Flaky: I don't like it.

Petunia: O_O.

Flaky: I Love It!

Petunia: *smiles* Well I glad you love it, it took me quite a while to make that.

Flaky: *hugs Petunia* Thanks Petunia.

Petunia: *blushes*

*end flashback*

Flaky blushes afterwards and gets up to look at the pictures on the wall. Each of them showed porcupines of various ages and colors. Flaky continued to look at the pics until he came across one that surprised him a bit. The picture showed a family of porcupines, the mother and father as well as a son and daughter. What surprised him was the son in the picture look exactly like him, the daughter also resembled him only she wore a pink dress and had a flower in her hair. The boy in the pic wore a small suit and tie, the kid had a friendly smile on his face. Flaky studied the pic til a voice surprised him.

???: The Barton family, they used to own this very house.

Last edited by Raven-The-Fox on Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brittney
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: At The Heart Of The Storm   Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:55 pm

Aww... that's so cute!
And the suspense... =D
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://freewebs.com/peppermintdemise
Lara
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 360

PostSubject: Re: At The Heart Of The Storm   Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:39 pm

OMG, You write soooo descriptivley! You should help me write more often. I love the scene with Flaky and Petunia, it was soooo romantic! I love romance.

I wanna see the next part!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://comicpeople.forumculture.net
Raven-The-Fox
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: At The Heart Of The Storm   Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:53 pm

Here's chapter 2.

Chapter 2

Flaky is surprised by the voice and turns around to see a female porcupine standing near him, she wore a light green dress and had a white daisy in her hair. Her fur was colored blue and her eyes were a grass-green color. She was smiling at the picture and turned to face Flaky.

???: They moved out of here five years ago, no one knows why they did that.

Flaky: So this place was abandoned by them, I wonder why?

???: Maybe this house is haunted.

Flaky: *sweating* H-h-h-h-h-haunted!!??

Flaky looks at her with an expression of fear, she only smiles.

???: *laughs* I'm only kidding, this place isn't haunted. If it was there would be a lot of ghosts floating around. By the way my name is Karen.

Flaky: Whew, I'm Flaky nice to meet you. So do you live here?

Karen: No I just came here because of the storm that's going on out there. *points at a window*

Flaky and Karen look out of the window to see that it was raining harder that before. Both of them stared out of the window with looks of fear.

Karen: Ohhhhh crap, now I'm stuck here. I hate it when that happens.

Flaky: Well I'm stuck here also, *sweatdrop* so we're stuck here.

Karen: I guess so.

The two of them looked at the window for a few minutes, until Karen's stomach decided to break the silence.

Karen: *blushes* I guess I didn't eat when I left home. *nervous laugh*

Flaky: Well I'm a little bit hungry myself, let find something to eat.

Karen: Okay.

They leave the living room and head down the hallway. As they continued down the hallway Flaky decided to strike up a conversation.

Flaky: So Karen how did you know them?

Karen: Well I was a friend of there kids and I used to come over here and play with them pretty much everyday, so I got to know them very well.

Flaky nods at what she said and smiles.

Flaky: So thats how you knew them, thats good.

Karen: Right and since they moved away I've been living here ever since.

Flaky: So you call this home?

Karen: *nods* Of course I call this home, why wouldn't I? I mean there's nowhere else for me to go is there?

Flaky: Well you could live with me and......

Karen: Nah, no offense but I don't want to get in the way of your relationship with Petunia. *smiles*

Flaky stops walking and stares.

Flaky: How did you know that I was....

Karen: I have the ability to read peoples minds. *grins*

Flaky: *thinking* That's weird.

Karen: Come on Flaky it's not weird, it's just a gift I have. *giggles*

Flaky blinks and then shakes his head.

The two continue down the hall until they reach the kitchen. In it was a normal table, a coffee pot, a refrigerator and of course a sink. Karen went towards the refrigerator and opened it to discover only a piece of stale bread, moldy cheese, and a rat sitting near a makeshift fire. She stared a the rat and the rat stared at her for a few seconds.

Rat: *in a squeaky voice* WHAT DO YOU WANT HUH, HUH!? WANNA FIGHT?

Karen: *sweatdrop* O......kay? Strange and kinda creepy.

Flaky was looking through the pantries for canned food, he wasn't having any luck in find any.

Flaky: Damn is there anything here to......Huh?

Flaky sees a can of corn inside one of the pantries, he reached out and took it with a smile across his face.

Flaky: Hey Karen I found something.

Karen *slams the door* Oh what?

Flaky shows the can of corn to her, she smiles.

Karen: Now we need a can opener and........Crap.

Flaky: What?

Karen: I forgot they don't have a can-opener since they took it with them. *laughs nervously*

Flaky: So what are we going to do with this?

Karen: I don't know.

Flaky tosses the can onto the floor with a look of annoyance on his face, he went toward the kitchen sink to watch the rain through the window. As he approached the window a flash of lighting surprised him a little.

Karen: Hey Flaky do you have anything in that bag?

Flaky: *reaches into the bag* Well I have a hammer, an acorn, a glove, a bag of chips and a sandwich.

Karen stares at the sandwich, Flaky blinks.

Flaky: I forgot about that.

Karen: Are you going to share that?

Flaky: Yeah.

Karen: *smiles* Yay!

Flaky cuts the sandwich in half and the two sat at the table to eat.

Last edited by Raven-The-Fox on Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lara
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: At The Heart Of The Storm   Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:15 pm

This is amazing, how doyou get these writing skills?
And for a second there I thought Flaky was going to cheat on Petunia by saying "Come to my house," lol!
Back to top Go down
Raven-The-Fox
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: At The Heart Of The Storm   Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:20 pm

Chapter 3

After they finished eating, they left the kitchen and were heading towards the living room when Karen grabbed Flaky's hand.

Flaky: Karen what are you going to.....

Karen: Why don't we head up stairs, don't you want to explore this place?

Flaky: Well I would but.....

Not waiting for an answer, Karen drags Flaky up the stairs. She continued up the stairs til she reached to top, letting go of Flaky's hand she glanced at a mirror to check herself. Flaky got up, a little shaken but alive. He stared at the mirror and smiled, her reflection was normal and not weird.

Flaky: *thinking* Well at least she's real.

Karen calmly turn towards Flaky with a glint in her eyes and a creepy smile on her face.

Flaky: Uhh Karen? Whats wrong?

Karen:..........Nothing.....Flaky.

Flaky slowly backed up while staring into her eyes, for some reason he couldn't look away no matter how hard he tried. He continued to back up until he felt the wall behind him, she came closer to Flaky still grinning.

Karen: This won't hurt one bit.

She was now only inches from Flaky, whose eyes where wide with fear. Then with no warning she removed his scarf and sunk her fangs into his neck. Flaky screamed, the pain was intense as she sucked the blood from him. He tried to break out of her grip but she was too strong. He shut his eyes half way as he began to feel weak. Slowly he lost his strength.

Flaky: Why is she......Doing.....This?

It was his last thought before he blacked out.

*At Petunia's House*

Petunia sat on her couch staring out at the storm, a look of worry on her face.

Petunia: I hope Flaky is alright, this storm is getting worse.

She got up and headed to the kitchen, she headed toward the sink and turned it on. She splashed the cold water on her face, she turned off the sink and reached out for a towel.

???: Here.

Petunia: Thanks.

She started to wipe her face and froze, she turned to see none other than Flippy standing near her. Flippy happened to be flipped-out, a sadistic smile was on his face.

Flippy: I'm going to have a lot of fun with you.

Petunia stared in horror and backed away from Flippy, her eyes locked on him.

Petunia: Wh-wh-wh-what do you want from me?

Flippy only grinned as he closed in on Petunia.

*in a bedroom*

Flaky sits up quickly and looks around to find that he is in a bedroom, he feels his neck only to feel nothing, no fang marks.

Flaky: *sigh* It's only a dream.

The door creaks open causing Flaky to stare, fear showed in his eyes as the person entered the room. I turned out to be Karen, she was holding a tray of food.

Karen: Thank god your awake, for a second I though you were sick or something.

Flaky was a bit surprised, he gets out of bed and tries to stand but his legs almost gave out. She sees this and places the tray on the bed and helps him to stand.

Karen: Flaky your in no condition to walk around. Please lay back down.

Flaky sat on the bed, Karen handed him the tray and smiled. She left the room shortly thereafter and made her way down the hallway towards another room, she entered the room and closed the door, leaning against it.

Karen: *thinking* Flaky I'm sorry I had to do that, but your the only one around who can break the curse thats on me. I hope you can forgive me.

Flaky finished his food and placed the tray at the foot of the bed, he sat and rubbed his head feeling a bit groggy.

Flaky: Wow I don't feel so good.

He lies down and tries to fall asleep but can't. He tosses and turns for a while but it was apparent that he couldn't sleep.

Flaky: Why can't I sleep?

He sits up and and gets off of the bed, he steadies himself and carefully walks toward the door. He happen to pass by a mirror and glanced at his reflection, which was normal all except his scarf was missing.

Flaky: Thats odd I thought I had my scarf on.

Flaky looked around and found his scarf on a hat post, he reached up and took his scarf off and put it on. He smiled and walk towards the door, but stopped him self. He looked back at the mirror to see something that surprised him, standing near him was the porcupine from the picture downstairs. He wore clothing that was from the 1800s and had the same scarf around his neck. The kid stood there for a while, Flaky was surprised and turned around to see if he was behind him, but he wasn't. Flaky stood there in fear and slowly made his way to the door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lara
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: At The Heart Of The Storm   Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:38 pm

Great! I never suspected that outta Karen! OMG. You write so good, hopw do you get your writing skills? I should ask people like you for help more often.
Back to top Go down
Raven-The-Fox
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: At The Heart Of The Storm   Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:53 pm

Chapter 4

Flaky walked down the hallway looking around the paintings on the walls, he stopped near one of the pictures and looked at it. In this picture was the same two kids as the picture downstairs, however he recognized the male porcupine next to the female.

Flaky: *thinking* I saw that kid earlier. *eyes widen* Oh. My. God.

He stared at the picture with unblinking eyes.

Flaky: I have to tell Karen, she won't believe this.

Flaky turned away from the picture and started to walk down the hallway, but froze. Something was watching him from the end of the hallway, something that made his heart hammer against his chest and caused him to sweat a bit. Then the sound of growling entered his ears, making him shiver.

Flaky: What's that?

The sound continued for a bit until Flaky walked toward the sound, his curiosity taking over his fear. He continued down the hall, unaware that he had passed by a mirror that showed his reflection slowly disappearing. He stood near a window the full moon was out. Flaky suddenly felt a sharp pain in his head, he stumbled forward and fell onto his knees.

Flaky: *groans*Why.....Does...My....Head....Hurt. *begins to sweat slightly*

Flaky clutched his head as his eyes change between black and red, he shut his eyes briefly. He then slowly stood up and opened his eyes, which were red, looking at the end of the hallway. A girl stood there, she looked at Flaky with fear in her eyes, she growled at him.

Flaky: *thinking* So that's the sound. *chuckle*

Flaky walked towards the girl, a devilish grin on his face. Flaky neared her, his lust for blood overriding all of his thoughts. She stopped growling, knowing it wouldn't work at keeping him at bay. She shut her eyes and waited as Flaky neared her, Flaky smiled.

Flaky: Well now lets get to killing.

Flaky leaped at her and drove his fangs into her neck.

*in Karen's bedroom*

Karen tossed an turned in her sleep, a nightmare was in her mind.

*Karen's Nightmare*

The moon hung overhead as she ran down the path in front of her, she looked back and saw her foe who was nearing her. She turned only to see a downed log a little ways from her, she jumped over it and continued to run. Her pursuer grinned as they followed her, with out warning a bolt of lighting struck the ground near her, she barley avoided being shocked by the attack.

Karen: Eek.

Her heart raced from that, looking ahead she saw a lake and smiled. But when she ran towards it she felt something strike her on the side of her face, knocking her to the ground. She pushed herself up to her knees and spat out a some blood which was in her mouth.

Karen: *shuts eyes and in a scared voice* Why are you trying to kill me?

Her pursuer smiled as she approached her, Karen looked at her eyes.

???: Because you need to continue the blood line of our family, Karen. *grins*

Karen: You know I'm not going to do that, Rina. I'm not like you, I'm not a crazy, psycho b****.

The girl only chuckles, she grabs Karen and holds her by the throat.

Karen: *gagging*

???: You will give in to the urge, or I'll make you. *smiles evilly*

Karen:.........No.......I.....Will....Never....Give...In.

???: Your really stupid you know, I didn't want to do this but....

She throws Karen into a tree and walks toward her, she kneels down near her and smiles.

???: Now I'll change your out look. *bites Karen's neck*

Karen: AHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

*end of nightmare*

Karen sat up in her bed, breathing hard. She looked around the room and slowly calmed herself.

Karen: Dear god *feels her neck* whew, at least I'm alright.

She gets out of bed and heads to the window, she stares out at the rain.

Karen: When will this stupid rain stop. *hears a noise* Huh? Whats that?

Karen leaves the window and walks toward the door, opening it she looks out at the hallway. What she sees shocks her greatly, Flaky had his fangs in the neck of a young cat girl, who was dead. She placed her hands over her mouth staring at the sight in front of her.

Karen: F-f-f-f-flaky?

Flaky turned, his eyes were red and held a cold glare, he stood and charged her. Karen slammed the door just as Flaky neared her, he blocked the door with his hand and grinned.

Flaky: Now that wasn't a smart idea.

Karen took a step back, fear was present in her eyes. She backed up as Flaky neared her.

Karen: *thinking* But how, he wasn't suppose to change unless. *looks at the moon* No!!! The moon was full today, crap. Thats why he changed, damn I should have known about that.

Unknowingly, her leg touched a footstool causing her to fall on the ground, hard. Flaky saw the chance and leaped on her, but she was ready. Bringing her legs up, she kicked Flaky hard in the chest, knocking the wind out of him and knocking him away from her. His head struck the edge of the dresser, concern crossed her face when she saw that. Flaky laid unconscious on the floor, she walked over to him and knelt down.

Karen: Oh god, did I kill him?

She reached out to check, only for Flaky's hand to dart out and wrap around her throat. Shock crossed her face as she fought to free herself.

Flaky: *sits up* That hurt.

Flaky tossed her to the ground and stood up, he then leaped on her to try to bite her. But again was thwarted when she punched him in the jaw, knocking him off of her. She quickly got up and ran to the door. Panting, Karen headed down the hallway, her eyes scanned the floor. Just as she reached a corner, a voice drifted to he ears.

???: Hold still, damn it.

Karen rounded the corner and stopped at the head of the stairs, looking down she saw a green bear holding a blue skunk down. His eyes had an evil aura in them.

Karen: *thinking* who's that?

She took a step froward only for the floorboard beneath her squeaked, the bear ears twitched and looked up. Karen stopped when the gaze of the bear met hers.

???: Well, well ,well, it looks like I have a spy. *chuckles*

Karen was frozen in fear, his eyes where filled with a sick lust.

Karen: *trembles* W-w-who are you?

???: My name is Flippy.

The war vet. looked at the skunk in his clutches, she was still fighting him. He pulled his fist back and struck her in the face, knocking her out. Flippy stood and walked towards the stairs, Karen turned to run only to bump into Flaky, who was rubbing his head.

Flaky: Why does my head hurt, *looks to see Flippy* F-flippy what is he doing here? *sees Petunia* Petunia!?

Flippy: *thinking* S***, why is that porcupine doing here?

Flippy made his way up the stairs, he grinned as he grabbed his bowie knife, casting a look at both of the porcupines.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lara
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: At The Heart Of The Storm   Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:46 am

Oh my god, this is getting good.
Back to top Go down
Raven-The-Fox
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: At The Heart Of The Storm   Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:00 pm

Chapter 4

Flaky walked down the hallway looking around the paintings on the walls, he stopped near one of the pictures and looked at it. In this picture was the same two kids as the picture downstairs, however he recognized the male porcupine next to the female.

Flaky: *thinking* I saw that kid earlier. *eyes widen* Oh. My. God.

He stared at the picture with unblinking eyes.

Flaky: I have to tell Karen, she won't believe this.

Flaky turned away from the picture and started to walk down the hallway, but froze. Something was watching him from the end of the hallway, something that made his heart hammer against his chest and caused him to sweat a bit. Then the sound of growling entered his ears, making him shiver.

Flaky: What's that?

The sound continued for a bit until Flaky walked toward the sound, his curiosity taking over his fear. He continued down the hall, unaware that he had passed by a mirror that showed his reflection slowly disappearing. He stood near a window the full moon was out. Flaky suddenly felt a sharp pain in his head, he stumbled forward and fell onto his knees.

Flaky: *groans*Why.....Does...My....Head....Hurt. *begins to sweat slightly*

Flaky clutched his head as his eyes change between black and red, he shut his eyes briefly. He then slowly stood up and opened his eyes, which were red, looking at the end of the hallway. A girl stood there, she looked at Flaky with fear in her eyes, she growled at him.

Flaky: *thinking* So that's the sound. *chuckle*

Flaky walked towards the girl, a devilish grin on his face. Flaky neared her, his lust for blood overriding all of his thoughts. She stopped growling, knowing it wouldn't work at keeping him at bay. She shut her eyes and waited as Flaky neared her, Flaky smiled.

Flaky: Well now lets get to killing.

Flaky leaped at her and drove his fangs into her neck.

*in Karen's bedroom*

Karen tossed an turned in her sleep, a nightmare was in her mind.

*Karen's Nightmare*

The moon hung overhead as she ran down the path in front of her, she looked back and saw her foe who was nearing her. She turned only to see a downed log a little ways from her, she jumped over it and continued to run. Her pursuer grinned as they followed her, with out warning a bolt of lighting struck the ground near her, she barley avoided being shocked by the attack.

Karen: Eek.

Her heart raced from that, looking ahead she saw a lake and smiled. But when she ran towards it she felt something strike her on the side of her face, knocking her to the ground. She pushed herself up to her knees and spat out a some blood which was in her mouth.

Karen: *shuts eyes and in a scared voice* Why are you trying to kill me?

Her pursuer smiled as she approached her, Karen looked at her eyes.

???: Because you need to continue the blood line of our family, Karen. *grins*

Karen: You know I'm not going to do that, Rina. I'm not like you, I'm not a crazy, psycho b****.

The girl only chuckles, she grabs Karen and holds her by the throat.

Karen: *gagging*

???: You will give in to the urge, or I'll make you. *smiles evilly*

Karen:.........No.......I.....Will....Never....Give...In.

???: Your really stupid you know, I didn't want to do this but....

She throws Karen into a tree and walks toward her, she kneels down near her and smiles.

???: Now I'll change your out look. *bites Karen's neck*

Karen: AHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

*end of nightmare*

Karen sat up in her bed, breathing hard. She looked around the room and slowly calmed herself.

Karen: Dear god *feels her neck* whew, at least I'm alright.

She gets out of bed and heads to the window, she stares out at the rain.

Karen: When will this stupid rain stop. *hears a noise* Huh? Whats that?

Karen leaves the window and walks toward the door, opening it she looks out at the hallway. What she sees shocks her greatly, Flaky had his fangs in the neck of a young cat girl, who was dead. She placed her hands over her mouth staring at the sight in front of her.

Karen: F-f-f-f-flaky?

Flaky turned, his eyes were red and held a cold glare, he stood and charged her. Karen slammed the door just as Flaky neared her, he blocked the door with his hand and grinned.

Flaky: Now that wasn't a smart idea.

Karen took a step back, fear was present in her eyes. She backed up as Flaky neared her.

Karen: *thinking* But how, he wasn't suppose to change unless. *looks at the moon* No!!! The moon was full today, crap. Thats why he changed, damn I should have known about that.

Unknowingly, her leg touched a footstool causing her to fall on the ground, hard. Flaky saw the chance and leaped on her, but she was ready. Bringing her legs up, she kicked Flaky hard in the chest, knocking the wind out of him and knocking him away from her. His head struck the edge of the dresser, concern crossed her face when she saw that. Flaky laid unconscious on the floor, she walked over to him and knelt down.

Karen: Oh god, did I kill him?

She reached out to check, only for Flaky's hand to dart out and wrap around her throat. Shock crossed her face as she fought to free herself.

Flaky: *sits up* That hurt.

Flaky tossed her to the ground and stood up, he then leaped on her to try to bite her. But again was thwarted when she punched him in the jaw, knocking him off of her. She quickly got up and ran to the door. Panting, Karen headed down the hallway, her eyes scanned the floor. Just as she reached a corner, a voice drifted to he ears.

???: Hold still, damn it.

Karen rounded the corner and stopped at the head of the stairs, looking down she saw a green bear holding a blue skunk down. His eyes had an evil aura in them.

Karen: *thinking* who's that?

She took a step froward only for the floorboard beneath her squeaked, the bear ears twitched and looked up. Karen stopped when the gaze of the bear met hers.

???: Well, well ,well, it looks like I have a spy. *chuckles*

Karen was frozen in fear, his eyes where filled with a sick lust.

Karen: *trembles* W-w-who are you?

???: My name is Flippy.

The war vet. looked at the skunk in his clutches, she was still fighting him. He pulled his fist back and struck her in the face, knocking her out. Flippy stood and walked towards the stairs, Karen turned to run only to bump into Flaky, who was rubbing his head.

Flaky: Why does my head hurt, *looks to see Flippy* F-flippy what is he doing here? *sees Petunia* Petunia!?

Flippy: *thinking* S***, why is that porcupine doing here?

Flippy made his way up the stairs, he grinned as he grabbed his bowie knife, casting a look at both of the porcupines.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lara
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: At The Heart Of The Storm   Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:25 pm

Oooh the suspence is buliding up! You rock at writing.
Back to top Go down
christiana

Male Number of posts : 390

PostSubject: Re: At The Heart Of The Storm   Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:37 pm

gasp, very nice! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://insertnamehere.co.nr
Lara
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: At The Heart Of The Storm   Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:35 am

I know, he has a writing talent!
Thats why i need help with Sky City.
Back to top Go down
Raven-The-Fox
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: At The Heart Of The Storm   Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:10 pm

Chapter 5

Flaky saw Flippy's knife and grabbed Karen's hand, she noticed this.

Karen: But what about....

Flaky: Unless you want to end up on Flippy's KIA list, I suggest you follow me.

The two ran down the hallway with Flippy hot on there heels. They turned the corner only to run into the cat the Flaky had bit, her eyes held the same creepy red color as Flaky's had. He turned only to see Flippy behind him, grinning like a madman.

Flippy: Any last words before you die?

Flaky looked at him and then the cat behind him, he smiled.

Karen: Yes......Hope you can catch us.

Karen's body glows yellow as she slowly levitates herself off the floor, Flaky was taken aback by he action. Flaky then found himself floating in the air.

Karen: *grins* Surprised aren't you, huh Flaky?

Flaky was speechless as Karen held both him and her in the air, Flippy looked shocked that he was witnessing this.

Karen: Bye now.

With a wave of her arms both her and Flaky disappeared.

*in another part of the mansion*

Karen and Flaky reappeared and landed on the floor, Karen landed gracefully while Flaky landed on his back. He sat up and rubbed the sore spot on his back.

Flaky: What was that, I never knew you had that ability.

Karen stood silently, staring at the wall. Flaky was a bit worried and got up.

Flaky: Karen what's wrong?

They stood in the silence for sometime, when Karen turned to face Flaky he noticed that she looked sad.

Flaky: Karen what....

Karen suddenly thew herself at him, her arms wrapping around him. This action surprised Flaky a great deal.

Flaky: Karen? What are you doing.

Karen looks up, her eyes are filled with tears.

Karen: Flaky I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have don't this.

Flaky gives her a somewhat confused look.

Flaky: Shouldn't have done what? What did you do?

Karen trembles in Flaky's embrace.

Karen: Flaky.......Please, what I'm about to tell you may shock you a great deal but......I'm a vampire.

Flaky isn't surprised by what she said.

Flaky: Karen your joking right? Your not a vampire at all, I don't see anything about you that tells me your a vampire.

Karen breaks the embrace and walks over to a mirror, which had a cover over it. She pulled the cover off and looked up at him, there wasn't a reflection in the mirror. Flaky stared at the mirror, unsure if to take as the truth or if she was bluffing. Karen saw that Flaky didn't believe her, she walked over to the window and pushed the curtains to the side. The moon overhead cast it's light in to the room, she turn around and opens her eyes, they were red. Flaky was shocked beyond belief.

Flaky: Karen y-y-y-your eyes th-th-th-there.....

Karen: Red. These are the eyes of a vampire and you have the same eyes as well. Come over here and I'll show you.

Flaky did so and nervously made his way over to her, when he stepped into the light his headache returned. Karen placed a hand on his shoulder and pulled Flaky further into the light. His headache abruptly stopped and her faced her. Karen's eyes were filled with sorrow.

Karen: Flaky look at the mirror and you'll see.

Flaky faced the mirror and saw his reflection, his eyes were red. The sight scared him heavily.

Karen: I also have a reason for turning you into one.

Flaky's voice was filled with anger.

Flaky: What. Is. It?

Karen let a sigh out, she raised her head.

Karen: I had to break a curse that was placed on me.

Flaky: What was the curse?

Karen looks at the painting over the fireplace, her eyes stare at the young male porcupine in the picture.

Karen: That I couldn't leave this house until I turned the last member of the family into a vampire. *points at the painting*

Flaky looks at the painting before facing her. He calmed himself a bit.

Flaky: You told me that they moved away, didn't you?

Karen: I lied, they never moved. The truth is I killed them.

Flaky stares at her, his mouth hung open in surprise.

Flaky: You killed them? Why!?

Karen: I lost control of myself when they where living her, I just became so hungry that I could stand it any longer and I attacked them.

She shut her eyes and looked away from him, a tear falling down her cheek.

Flaky placed his hand on her shoulders, he wiped the tear away causing her to look at him.

Flaky: So there all dead?

Karen shook her head.

Karen: No Flaky, not all of them there is one member of the Barton's left.

Flaky: Who, please tell me.

Karen bites he lower lip, drawing a bit of blood which Flaky licks up without a thought.

Karen: You.

Flaky gave her a stumped look.

Flaky: That can't be true, I'm not a member of that family.

Karen shakes her head and looks at the painting.

Karen: Flaky look at the little boy in the picture.

Flaky looks at the boy in the portrait, noting the similarities between him and the kid.

Flaky: There are many people who look like each other, he's no different.

Karen grabs the scarf that Flaky had on and looked at the picture.

Karen: I should have recognized that scarf from the picture, where did you get it?

Flaky takes the scarf out of here hands and glares at her.

Flaky: Petunia made it for me as a present, why?

Karen looked at the scarf.

Karen: Flaky that scarf looks exactly like the scarf on the boy in the picture, in-fact I think this is the same scarf that.....

Flaky suddenly grabbed his head and fell to a knee, screaming in pain.

Flaky: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Karen was startled by this as she knelt down near him.

Karen: Flaky what's wrong, Flaky!?

A rush of thoughts filled his mind, about his past that was lost to him. Pictures of an adult porcupine holding a female in his arms appeared in his mind, as well as a picture of him when he was younger with his mother.

Flaky: *thinking* What are all of these thoughts I'm having?

The thought's flooded Flaky's mind, leaving him to suffer mentally. Just then Flippy's voice entered the room.

Flippy: Well, I've faced tough enemies in the army but I have to hand it to you, your someone I've never met before.

Flippy enters the living room, his knife dripping blood. Karen stared at the bloodied knife, which meant he had killed that cat. Karen picked Flaky up and moved him out of the window, but Flippy only grinned. Karen tried to teleport again, but wasn't able to do it.

Karen: *thinking* Damn I forgot, I can't teleport again because of the stupid curse on me.

Flippy approached her holding his knife at the ready, Karen muttered several expletives as he neared. Karen looked around the room hoping for a weapon, but the only thing she saw as a weapon was sadly a lamp. Grabbing it, she held it in a defensive measure. Flippy only smiled, he slapped the lamp form her hand and pointed the knife at her.

Flippy: Any last words before you die. *grins*

Karen was paralyzed with fear, she couldn't even move.

Karen: I-I-I-I.....

Flippy: What, spit it out.

Karen shut her eyes.

Karen: I hope you DIE!!

Flippy: Why you little.....

Flippy lunged at her, Karen covered her head and waited for the knife to end her life. But it never came. He slowly uncovered her head and saw a sight which surprised her, Flippy was rubbing his jaw and Flaky was standing in-front of her. His hands closed into fist.

Karen: Flaky? What are you....

Flaky's voice held a surprisingly serious tone.

Flaky: Karen get out of here, I'll hold him off.

Flaky turned to her, she looked into his eyes and saw a strong set of confidence within them. It surprised her since previously Flaky's eyes had held fear, a smile crossed her face. She nodded and quickly ran around him and out of the living room. Flaky locked eyes with Flippy who glared at him.

Flippy: You'll regret that, porcupine.

Flaky just stood there, his eyes locked onto Flippys.

*in the hallway*

Karen ran near the stairs and saw that Petunia was awake, she ran over to her and grabbed her arm. Petunia pulled her arm out of Karen's grip.

Petunia: Who in the hell are you? Why are you trying to....

Karen: Listen Petunia you need to follow me.

Petunia was surprised that this girl knew who she was, standing up she followed the girl who led her out towards the entrance of the house.

Petunia: You didn't answer my question, who are you and why am I here?

Karen: My names Karen and I don't why your here, but you boyfriend in there is fighting Flippy.

Petunia looked at her with a surprised look on her face.

Petunia: How did you know the Flaky and I are.....

Karen: Because Flaky told me.

Petunia blinked and looked back at the house.

Petunia: *thinking* I hope you beat Flippy, Flaky. And I hope you get out of this alive.

Petunia stood there with a worried look on her face, Karen turned to see the sun rising.

Karen: *smiling* Well the sun up and thats good. *thinking* At least I'm not turning into dust like those vampires in the movies.

She turn to Petunia and smirked a bit.

Karen: *thinking* I can tell that those two are going to have a strong relationship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lara
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: At The Heart Of The Storm   Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:20 am

More I want to hear more! You should help me often, lol
I hope Flippy doesnt kill him.
Back to top Go down
Raven-The-Fox
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: At The Heart Of The Storm   Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:57 pm

Chapter 6

*in the living room*

Flippy missed again as he struck the wooden table with his foot, causing it to break. He spun around and lunged with the knife Flaky dodged the attack and threw a punch, Flippy blocked it with is arm and punched Flaky in the face, drawing blood from his nose. Flaky kicked Flippy in the chest knocking him back a bit, he growled at him.

Flippy: Well I was expecting to kill you, but I see you have a strong fighting spirit under all of that cowardice. And I like that.

Flaky: You shouldn't judge people by how they acted in the past. I for one have all ways had a strong spirit.

The war vet charges Flaky, swinging his knife viciously at him. Flaky dodges the attacks only to be nicked in the arm drawing a small amount of blood. Flaky punches Flippy a few times before finishing with an uppercut, knocking him into the air. Flippy lands on the floor, he gets up and runs at Flaky. Flippy swings his knife again managing to cut Flaky a couple times.

Flaky's eyes flickered, he leaps at Flippy and throws a kick, Flippy blocks it by grabbing the bottom of his foot and swings him around, he let's go and sends Flaky flying into a bookshelf. Flaky picked himself up and winced, a book struck him on the head. Without warning the bookshelf tipped over, smashing Flaky underneath it. Flippy grinned and turned to leave, but stopped when he heard a sound, he turned and saw Flaky lifting the bookshelf up. Shock filled him, he never expected Flaky to even have the strength to lift it. Flaky then threw the Bookshelf at Flippy, who narrowly dodged it. Flippy stared at Flaky, amazed by his power, however he shook his head and ran at Flaky. However he was ready for him, Flippy went to thrust his knife in hopes of hitting him. Flaky sidestepped and struck Flippy in the jaw with a punch, knock him to the ground. Flippy gets up and faces Flaky, he wipes some blood from his lip.

Flippy: *breathing hard* I never knew that you'd be this much trouble, but I won't give up.

Flaky stays silent, he cracks his knuckles and smiles. Flaky runs at Flippy, throwing punches and kicks, Flippy blocked the attacks flawlessly. He caught Flaky's fist and tossed him to the floor, causing a little dust to rise. Flaky got up and traded blows with Flippy, both where tired and sore but neither backed down. Flippy ducked under a punch and did a threw one at Flaky's stomach, knocking the breath out of Flaky. With the knife in hand, he stabbed Flaky in the stomach. Flaky screamed in pain. Slowly he pulled the weapon out of Flaky and smiled. Flaky fell to his knees, the pain was intense.

Flippy: Despite the fact your a vampire, I can still kill you.

Flippy walks around Flaky, surveying him from all sides.

Flippy: Maybe I should make you suffer a little more. *chuckles*

After saying that, Flippy cuts Flaky's left arm, again Flaky screams. Flippy moves to cut Flaky's right arm, which he does, electing another scream. Flippy grins as he cuts Flaky on his body, the sounds where music to Flippy's ears. Panting heavily, Flaky shut his eyes.

Flaky: *thinking* I won't give up. *begins to get up*

Flippy smiles as Flaky gets up, Flaky throws a punch, but Flippy moves back causing Flaky to fall on the floor. Flaky blinked as Flippy goes to a knee near him.

Flippy: You've proven to be a worthy challenge, but I will always come out ahead. You want to know why? Because you are just. A. Scared. Little. Porcupine. And your b*** of a girlfriend will be mine. *raises the weapon* Now say good night you dumb little whelp.

Flippy brings the knife down, but with no warning Flaky shoots up and sinks his fangs into Flippy's neck, he gasped. Flippy drops the knife as Flaky feeds off of him, his body growing weak. Flaky stopped sucking Flippy blood and then violently rips out is fang, tearing out a chunk of Flippy's throat. Flippy falls to the ground holding his neck, he was trembling badly. Flaky's eyes are red.

Flaky: DON'T YOU EVER TALK ABOUT PETUNIA THAT WAY!! *picks the knife up* Now you will DIE!

Flaky brings the weapon up and stabs Flippy with no remorse. He finishes and leaves the corpse of the war vet in the room.

*outside*

Petunia looks at the front door, hoping that Flaky would walk through. Karen likewise was slightly worried.

Karen: *thinking* Flaky please don't be dead.

The door opens and Flaky walks out, blood slid out of the wounds on him. But a smile is across his face. Both Karen and Petunia run up to him, both were worried.

Karen: Flaky are you ok?

Flaky nearly falls, but Petunia catches him. He looks at Petunia and smiles.

Flaky: How is everything?

Petunia smiles slightly, Karen gets on the other side of Flaky and helps him by using her to shoulders support him. Petunia looks at Karen.

Flaky: Can we get out of here, it's kind of creepy.

Petunia gives Flaky a brief kiss on the lips, Flaky blushes a bit.

Petunia: Sure.

The three leave the house, heading back to Tree Town.

*inside the house*

The cat lays against the wall, stab wounds on her chest, her eyes are shut.

???: That b****** had to bite me and then I had to get stabbed by a stupid war vet. I swear I will kill them.

She slowly got up and carefully heads down stairs only to see the war vet dead on the floor, a smile crossed her face. She walked over to the corpse and chuckles.

???: Now to get my strength up.

She knelt down and bit into the corpse, the taste of the blood was invigorating for her. After getting her fill, she stood up and looked at the picture above the fireplace, clenching her fist as the wounds on her disappeared.

???: I will kill you Flaky and your damn friend Karen, if my name isn't Syra the immortal Cat.

Syra starts to cackle which eventually turns into a maniacal laughter.

The End
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lara
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: At The Heart Of The Storm   Fri May 23, 2008 6:39 am

Ooh its the end of the story..... Crying or Very sad NOOOOO!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At The Heart Of The Storm   

Back to top Go down

At The Heart Of The Storm
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anything Cartoon :: Literature :: FanFiction Writing-
Jump to: